Yup, months before my 5-year aniversary, I am now sitting in my fifth office.
- Inside office that shared with a co-op. Plus side was that it was big and I had someone to answer all of my newbie questions. Plus it was right next to the printer room, so there were always people stopping by to say hi. Downside: it was next to the old secretary office, and so people often mistook us for administrative staff.
- Corner window office. I had it to myself for 9 months inbetween co-ops in my department. Plus side was that I was sitting with a bunch of old-timer developers and not all of the other writers. Downside was the red glow that reflected in from the building next door. Even though the view wasn't great, I loved it. I think I was in that office for a couple years.
- Corner window office 2. A new manager decided that my officemate and I should sit with the other writers. The view of hills and cows improved muchly, but the volume of our gossiping had to be decreased muchly as well.
- Corner window office 3. I switched departments, and so I moved to a new tower with a view of the plaza. Plus side was that I could watch all of the exciting plaza action. Down side was that the afternoons got hot as hell.
- Inside office. I now have my own inside office that I share only with a server. It will take a lot of work to fix it up and make it livable. I hope my plant doesn't die. Already planning with new teammate how to kick out some co-ops in a corner office and move over there.