I finally finished up some stuff with my old job this week, and since I was going up to the city Thursday night, I decided to just take Friday off. I usually end up with too much vacation at the end of the year, so I decided what the hell. So here's what I did with my random day off:
- Started Thursday night by grabbing dinner at La Vic downtown, even though I was just there the night before (side note: Paragon and La Vic make me happy to live in San Jose).
- Met some other Metroblogging authors for drinks at Zam Zam, which is the only place that I have been that knows to serve a Hendrick's martini with a cucumber slice and not olives.
- Having had quite a few martinis, danced and had a blast at 80s night at Cat Club.
- Slept in until 11, and then took the bus from Hayes Valley to Pacific Heights.
- Got a croissant at Boulangerie Bay Bread. Drooled over everything they had there resisted buying everything.
- On a recommendation, went to Bittersweet. I ended up getting hot chocolate and chocolate cake to eat with my croissant. Also had a few bites of the amazingly rich and delicious croissant bread pudding.
- Walked down the street to Patisserie Delanghe for another croissant (had to compare!) and a little fruit tart.
- Headed back to San Jose and to the driving range at Coyote Creek Golf Club to practice before my next lesson.
- Stopped at a fruit stand and bought cherries and summer squash.