I just bought a ticket to see Mike Doughty (from Soul Coughing) next week at the Independent! I am quite excited as I have not been to a live music event in forever. I am usually not very good at getting tickets before they sell out, so shows like this where you can get tickets just a week in advance make me happy.
I was trying to think of the last time I was at a concert, aside from Coachella, and I can’t remember. But here are some of the more memorable concerts that I have been to since moving the Bay Area:
- Flogging Molly at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz
- John Wesley Harding at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley
- London Philharmonic performing Mahler 1 at Davies Hall in San Francisco
- La Traviata at the Opera House in San Francisco
- Pendulum in San Francisco