Yup, here’s my usual “I haven’t written in ages so let me summarize in a few paragraphs” post. A lot has happened since my birthday, so let’s catch up. I also admit that with all of the 10-year high school reunion emails going around, I figured that there might be some former high school classmates stumbling upon this and I should have a little more current info. Anyway, where was I?
- Work: Busy busy. I wanted to move into release management from technical writing, but I made it clear that I wanted to stop one job before starting another. That was before the “reorg.” Now I am doing two jobs, which isn’t fun at all, but at least a good learning experience. That’s what I keep telling myself at least. We are also hiring like crazy for pretty much everything, so send me your resume!
- Home: Still have the condo in San Jose and still have the cats. I know I know. I want to rent it out this summer and move the cat up to the city. I am down there once or twice a week these days, and it still isnt’ fun. But I’m working on it!
- Travel: When skiing with Cynthia in Colorado in January (pictures). Vail is so awesome I’ll never be happy skiing anywhere else. You should have heard me bitching about the snow the rest of the season in Tahoe. Australia was in April. Meh. Expensive and rained a lot. But Sydney is pretty cool. I recommend it if you are in the area, but otherwise, don’t go out of your way to visit (pictures). Just last weekend I went wine tasting in Sonoma, which I hadn’t done in a while. Got to love out-of-town guests to get to you take advantage of the wonderful things in your back yard.
- Bay to Breakers: I finally did it. After hearing my mom talk about as a kid and everyone else talk about it since moving to California, I finally made it there. It was your typical, fun, weird SF event (pictures)!
- Extra-curriculars: I’ve been volunteering at a hospice helping to cook dinner once a week. It is pretty low key, but fun. The biggest compliment was when the head kitchen guy thought I had restaurant experience because I was so comfortable in the kitchen. Just shows how much I really love to cook. But I still miss working with kids like I did back in San Jose. No classes or anything right now, but I am trying to get back into the gym routine. I feel great when I go, but it can be hard to fit it into the schedule. You know how it is.
- Javier: Yup, he’s that special he gets his own bullet (pictures). I’d be lost without him.
- Upcoming: Summer feels like it is over before it starts, as usual. I have zero vacation time, as usual. But I am not going to let that stop me. I simply must make it to Sacramento and Spokane to visit the families. Plus Javier wants to take me Spain in July (isn’t he just swell?). On top of that, I need to continue my life organization effort, my work stress reduction effort, and my find a place in the city that can hold some people, some kitties, and a piano effort. I’ll keep you posted.